I hope you all enjoyed your weekend.
Ours was an enjoyable mix of sport, spring sunshine and shopping.
If you follow me on Facebook or Instagram, you'll know we love flea markets, brocantes and secondhand shops like Emmaus. We always find something to wear, decorate with or even furnish our shabbychic home (almost bought a cement shower tray for our new bathroom this time!) whenever we go there, and I find it far more entertaining and creative than normal, 'offtheshelf' buying.
Anyway, I'm feeling happy and relaxed, ready to come back online a bit more. I have several ideas for new features, and indeed, a new blog / venture (more about that later), but for now, let's kick off the week with a new Shop The Look post:
Inspired by fresh, white interiors and a neutral natural palette combining linen, cotton, cement, stone and string - I love the finished feel.
Links:1) I feel in love with Angelica Eichler's Desert Decor fashion portfolio last week.
2) Talking of love... I don't think there's one single item at The New Craftsmen that I wouldn't want in my home. Akiko Hirai and Claire Norcross' Buoy Light is simply beautiful.
3) I visit etsy daily and really enjoy curating my collection of finds. This katagami stencil popped up in my feed the other day and I love the graphic shibori star pattern. Check out Kyoto Kimono for more.
4) Coveting Ambatalia linen dish covers is new for me, but I've had my eye on them for a long time now, along with everything else in Quitokeeto, another favourite online shop of mine.
5) Rareweaves - raw textiles and objects to die for!
6) Bristol-based HunterGatherer (follow them here too) have put together a very unusual collection of vintage items, and I am sure these French Calvados bottles would look stunning in my kitchen! Be quick, there are only a few left I believe.