Tuesday 18 September 2012

Indémodable



 






 Yes, Interior Design trends come and go.

Over the years, I have flicked through, drooled over, set aside and torn out pages from countless magazines, and now, of course, I pin.

Some images making a lasting impression on us, shaping the way we choose to live, to decorate and dream, perhaps. Mats Gustafson's New York loft is one of my favourite interiors. Shown here in Marie Claire Maison, March 1993 ( yes, I still have a copy!), these few images were taken from the "L'art de vivre à New York" by S.Siesin, S. Cliff, D. Rozensztroch and G. de Chabaneix.

Light, white open spaces, raw, primitive furniture, Swedish ceramics from the 50's and 60's,... there's so much to like here, not least Gustafson's own beautiful watercolour paintings propped up against the walls .

Eclectic and very contemporary after all these years - definitely one of my favourite interiors,



3 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more, love it. Considering these images are quite old now they still look amazingly contemporary. Some true classics here in a not at all contrived look. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I love it too. Minimalist, clean lines... *sigh*
    Thanks for the inspiration Deb ;) Kx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun. Did you model your home after some of his designs? I see some resembles. I love seeing his studio. I love the gray hutch and the scoop of a wooden chair in the living room area in 1st photo.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!