Monday 15 December 2014

Shop Watch: The Velvet Egg









Good Morning!


As I wrote on Facebook this morning, this has to be one of the busiest weeks of the year for many of us, and I really felt that I had to brace myself when I woke up at the crack of dawn this morning. Onwards and upwards, and all that ...

I thought I'd share something to put us all in good spirits today. Something to put a smile on your face despite the stress of last-minute Christmas everything (yep, I'm late again with presents, how do I manage it everytime, I thought xmas was supposed to be a holiday?).

I've had my eye on York-based creative duo Catherine and Elle for a while now, and I'm obviously drawn to their modern, quirky kids' products. I love clean, minimal design, so I can easily imagine a couple of The Velvet Egg's cushions or posters in my own home, especially in my pre-teen daughter's bedroom. 

As is apparent from these few images above, The Velvet Egg offers a striking range of textiles, artwork, stickers, cards and pocket mirrors in pretty shades and bags (lovely stocking fillers or party favours there). But that's not all. Yesterday I noticed their brand new children's Pierrot wallpaper and I have a feeling these two designers have plenty more in store for 2015 and beyond.



Bonne journée !


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!