Saturday 11 June 2011

Give Me Three #26

Le Petit Chaperon Rouge, 1969
Plastique gonflable, h. 37cm
Collection Fatra
© Photo : Studio Toast

Marin, 1963
Plastique gonflable, h. 52cm
Collection privée
© Photo : Studio Toast

Eléphant, 1975
Plastique gonflable, 54x78cm
Collection Fatra
© Photo : Studio Toast

If you're in Paris this Summer and beyond, you might want to pay a visit to the Toy Gallery at the Musée d'Arts Décoratifs where a new exhibition 'Playful Plastic',  a retrospective of the work of the Czech designer Libuše Niklová (1934–1981), will be on show until 6 November.  The website's in French, but you can have a look at the slideshow for a quick visual overview of the toymaker's work and perhaps order the bilingual Czech/English catalogue.

 A happy find, via Milk Magazine


10 comments:

  1. J´aime beaucoup le travail de Libuše Niklová! J´avais ses jouets quand j´était petite..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh will you go see that for me Deb!? It looks fantastic... :) Hope you are having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just seen so much inflatable fashion pieces and then you post these. The world is a strange beach ball!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness. This is going to become a new obsession, I know it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. J'ai bien noté !! Bel article en effet. Bon week-end à toi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just saw them in Milk magazine! Great indeed! Somehow I remember the float... Could it be I had one around 1975? Gonna ask my mom!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!