Wednesday 15 August 2012

Cool Copper



I'm guessing that many of you will have seen this beautiful sneak-peek from Bodie & Fou's AW12 mail order catalogue, styled by Karine Kong and photographed by François Kong.

The talented team at Bodie & Fou always get it right (remember?), inspiring us through the seasons (their SS12 catalogue is available here) and always bang on trend.  I love the new mustard-coloured duvet cover recently added to their linen bedding range, which certainly makes a welcome change to grey, and look-forward to seeing their collection of mini copper lights available in September.

I've never really been a great lover of copper but it's starting to grow on me. in fact, now I can see myself adding a few stylish vintage kitchen accessories to our home in time. It certainly does marry well with wood and white, both of which are omnipresent chez nous.

I don't recall seeing a lot of copper in French flea markets, but maybe that's because I wasn't really looking. Etsy is full of beautiful finds for all budgets, however, as these few photos show.










What do you think? Are you inspired by the copper trend? 
Will you be adding copper touches to your home this Autumn too?



3 comments:

  1. Oh, this is all really really, pretty. My great grandma has a copper dustpan like that -- I've always liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. in Sweden old objects in copper are rather cheap, some of them very beautiful...I like them best when not polished...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, as always! Being Mexican/American, copper is very dear to me and a reminder of where I am from and my heritage. I work with the Cuentos Foundation that tries to promote awareness and tries to preserve the art and technique of the copper Artisans of Santa Clare Del Cobre in Michoacan, Mexico. The art form is passed down from generation to generation.
    http://cuentosfoundation.wordpress.com/shop/
    Again, thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!