Sunday 21 March 2010

Wendi's Bears








Betty Joy and I may well be the last two people on earth to find out about Wendy Meagher's vintage style Mohair bears, zee brahs, dawgs, rabbits and elly fonts, but if we aren't, if I'm passing on the information to a mere handful of readers, it'll make my day. I mean, just look at them! Wendy's one-of-a-kind, handmade and handtinted decorative collectible toys (12 years and upwards) look like they've been waiting patiently to be rescued from a dusty American attic for decades. I really love their antique outfits and Wendy's styling.

Wendy sells her whimsical animals through ebay (paintmeadream), etsy, and several other shops. Check out her portfolio website and Flickr photostream for more information.

J'ai l'impression que Betty Joy et moi sommes les dernières personnes sur terre à tomber sur le travail de Wendy Meagher. Si ce n'est pas le cas, si je fais découvrir ces peluches style vintage en Mohair à une petite poignée de lecteurs, je serai contente. Allez jeter un coup d'oeil à ses adorables créations fait main et admirez ces jolies photos et costumes très folk art. On imagine des jouets qui ont bien servis, restés enfermés pendant des années dans des greniers poussiéreux aux Etats-Unis, mais tous ces animaux sont neufs, fabriqués par les doigts de fée de Wendy. Je vous invite à visiter son magasin etsy, son site web et son Flickr pour plus de renseignements et photos. Une jolie trouvaille!

All images copyright Wendy Meagher.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely lovely lovely !!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaahhh, these are just adorable! Love the elephants, they have such a sweet expression. They make me want to adopt them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I love these too, they are so beautiful and tender!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! So cute! I just one to hug.

    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are amazing! Reminds me of my old Alfa teddy or an old steiff, but cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the uber-relaxation the zebra seems to be experiencing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. they are so gorgeous! i want that giraffe :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!