Monday 25 October 2010

Autumn Home Styling Challenge

From left to right

Something a little different for this week's Colour My Monday post. As it's the start of  the half-term school holidays (the end of October, already?)  and the weather's definitely changed down here in the South of France  I thought I'd show you my nine picks for the Autumn Home Styling Challenge

A few weeks ago the lovely Helen Evans from the UK's Voucher Codes  site contacted me to see if'd be interested in taking part in her Autumn-themed home styling challenge. Helen writes for Voucher Codes' lifestyle magazine Most Wanted. She has invited a number of home decor bloggers to update a room  for Autumn using up to 10 items, each under £50. You know I love "finding things" so this challenge was right up my alley. 

As you can see, I have chosen  to warm up a nursery or a little one's room by adding a few woodland friends and  selecting natural materials such as wool, felt, linen and wood in orange, red and brown tones. Set against a backdrop of white, I think these accessories will create an inviting, cosy space for  little children throughout the Autumn / Winter months. 

Watch out for Helen's round-up post this week showing everyone's picks, I'm sure it'll be full of inspirational and above all affordable finds, and if you're not already acquainted with Helen's site, and you live in the UK, keep your eye out for all the promotional codes, discounts and bargains - it's Christmas soon folks...

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I LOVE your set! These are so perfect for the season - I can just picture the room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exciting! I am also in the process of *redecorating* our living room. It's a large space, I have a small-to-tiny budget!so I love all the inspiration I can find. Thanks!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!