Friday 3 February 2012

Talking "créa tif" with Karine




Playtime Paris is not just all about the latest kids' fashion. One of my favourite areas was the Crea.tif space, presenting the work of a handful of young, up-and-coming textile designers, clothing designers and illustrators.



 I had a long chat with Karine Maincent, whose quirky fruit box collages caught my eye, and was impressed (and slightly envious...) to learn that she loves travelling and divides her time between Nancy in northern France and Africa. 


When she isn't running workshops for French school children or designing posters for local theatre groups she's busy sketching and creating in Bénin.
 
 

She calls herself a "geo-graphic-al" artist, I think that suits her well.


to the travelling studio




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!