Wednesday 20 June 2012

Inspiration: Arseniy Lapin

 Riding school on a giant bird




 Royal Airship



 An image shared by someone on Facebook yesterday led me on a journey into the wonderful world of Russian artist, sculptor and animator Arseniy Lapin.
Where does one start? I have chosen to show a couple of his beautiful videos, rich in colour and magical, mythological creatures. 

His work reminds me of Jana's a little.

Take the time to sit down and watch these with your children, they will love the music, the flying dragons, and oh, is that a castle, a fish?
So many stories to be made up, what fun!




4 comments:

  1. Thank you, Deborah!! these are just so great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what to say? I will be sitting here for the rest of the day watching...and his graphics and his sculptures...it's a bit Chagall I think...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Britt-Marie, I thought I was alone out there on this one... Miles and Savannah watched both videos last night and loved them, it made me happy. Beautiful.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!