Monday 14 December 2009

Back in time

Happy Monday Morning!

I hope you all had a lovely weekend! Despite the various tummy bugs and viruses that seem to have invaded our home, we finally managed to buy ourselves a tree and get into the Christmas spirit. I've been working round the clock on my shop (looking good folks, patience, patience!), so I haven't had chance to think about homemade decorations this year. I have found some lovely illustrations and ideas from a couple of my favourite books though.

I bought my copy of "Sweden - a year", by Lena Larsson (1968) from a charity shop years ago when I was preparing my first trip to Stockholm with schoolfriends. Lena Larsson's illustrations are beautiful




(note the red beech nutcrackers by bauhaus-inspired husband and wife glass-design team Ann and Goran Warff)

Who remembers I-Spy annuals ? I have a couple of my dad's at home and I love them. These pretty illustrations and paper craft activities by Danuta Laskowska come from the 1956 edition.






1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your preparations Deb. It looks like my libellule will be home with a tummy bug too this week... not easy for doing Santa's shopping for him ;-) Take care and am on the edge of my seat waiting for your shop!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!