Tuesday 15 June 2010

Eleonora Arroyo

Les Précieuses Ridicules

Argentinan artist/illustrator Eleonora Arroyo has one of the nicest websites I've ever come across. Her portfolio of published and unpublished works is full of colourful treasures, just waiting for you to explore.



I love everything about this Buenos Aires-based artist's illustrations. I love her use of colour and the playful, theatrical nature of her collages and compositions. She makes me smile and I'm sure that her children's books are magical.


Todo en Tren - available here


If I had to choose a favourite piece of work it would be her little theatres. Aren't they beautiful? Eleonora has made lots of them, which you can see on her blog.

The Magic Flute

Waiting For Godot

Othello


Why don't you have a go at making some with your children or students? Choose a favourite story, nursery rhyme or play and let their imagination do the rest. I'm sure Eleonora would love to see some photos... Enjoy!


Eleonora Arroyo
Blog
Flickr

7 comments:

  1. je me demande toujours comment tu fais pour dénicher tout ça, c'est vraiment très chouette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good! Its my style...
    LG, Antje

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey...I may just do this...what a fabulous artist she is...I'm off to check out her blog. Thanks for sharing.
    HUGS
    Char

    ReplyDelete
  4. delightful, what a great find! thanks for posting this :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OHHH I love her stuff, thanks Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Deborah,
    Thanks so much for introducing us to Eleonora's gorgeous and very inspiring work. I used to love to make little theatres when I was a child -- seeing her work makes me want to make more! :)
    All the best
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!