Tuesday 29 June 2010

My Turn!

via

OK, all eyes on me!

I've been tagged several times by some very talented ladies - Ange, Amy, Kylie, Hazel and Caterina, to name but a few. It's quite difficult trying to think of seven things to say about yourself, without giving away too much, but I thought I'd give it a go, to celebrate my blog birthday...
On m'a demandé de révéler sept choses sur moi-même à plusieurs reprises cette année. Ce n'est pas un exercice facile, si on veut rester discret, mais je vais essayer quand même. Après tout, je fête ma première anniversaire aujourd'hui...


1) I grew up in the North of England in the late '60s and '70s. Kids played street games then. I spent my summer hols playing hopscotch, skipping, elastic, rounders, kick-the-can and conkers. I love street games!
J'ai grandi dans le nord de l'Angleterre à la fin des années soixante et soixante-dix. A cet époque les enfants jouaient dans la rue. En été on jouait à la marelle, à la corde à sauter, à l'élastique, au "kick-the can" (une sorte de cache-cache) et au "conkers" (un jeu avec des marrons). J'aime ces jeux -là !

via

2) I was a "swot" at school and uni, an A-grade student. I have two degrees and have spent ten years of my life translating technical manuals, market reports and books for NGOs and telecommunications companies. Time for a change!
J'ai été la première de la classe à l'école et en fac, 'la boule'. J'ai deux licences et viens de passer dix ans de ma vie à traduire des documents techniques, des rapports et des livres pour des ONG et des entreprises de télécommunications. Un peu d'air ! J'ai besoin de changer !


3) Kylie's right, "Three is a Magic Number". (I love this song!) I have three wonderful children, and had my first one at thirty.
Kylie a raison. Trois c'est le numéro magique! (j'adore cette chanson). J'ai trois merveilleux enfants, et j'ai eu mon premier à trente ans.

via

4) Art is one of things that make me tick, but I guess you know that already.
L'art c'est une de mes raisons d'être, une des choses qui me fait avancer, mais je pense que vous le savez déjà.

via

5) I have a good eye, and I am watching you! However, I'm also as blind as a bat and can't see a thing without my contacts.
J'ai l'oeil et je vous regarde ! Cela dit, je suis myope comme une taupe et je ne vois rien sans mes lentilles.


6) I take after my Gran, Sarah Constance. Connie was a seamstress, had a house full of gorgeous fabric and used to take me thrifting at jumble sales. We have the same build and her black '50s jacket is one of my favourite items of clothing.

J'ai hérité beaucoup de ma grand-mère, Sarah Constance. Elle était couturière, avait une maison remplie de jolis tissus et m'amenait chiner. Nous avons la même taille et sa veste noir des années 50 et un de mes vêtements préférés.



7) I'm 44 in August, am starting to look like Dot (and a bit of a sad ole thing in this photo!) but I can still do the splits (no requests for photos please, you'll just have to take my word for it!).
J'ai presque 44 ans, commence à ressembler à Dot, mais je peux toujours faire le grand écart (non, ne me demandez pas de photos SVP, il faut me croire sur parole !).

So, there you go, I'm just an ordinary, bendy, art-loving, kickcan & conker playing mum of three who likes to thrift and blog!

Anyone else like to play? I don't know if they've already done this, but I'd love to recommend Anne, Ellen, Jenni, Carole, Lambert, Jay and Yumiko's blogs... Have Fun!

22 comments:

  1. You took your time and you did well, great portrait of you, dear Deb:)Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh quelles belles confidences... et tu es si belle! ta grand-mère aussi évidemment...
    happy B.!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy first blogiversary! i visit often (as you know) and enjoy the finds you share. it's lovely to learn more about you, some of which was easy to intuit — smart, art, mom — but love small details like the magic of no. three, your gran's fabric stash and doing the splits! ta for the closeup. looking forward to year two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. C'est délicieux d'en apprendre un peu plus sur toi, et de voir ton joli visage. Je ne sais pas si c'est le temps des confidences pour moi, je me sens si dispersée, mais peut-être bientôt... Je suis très heureuse que tu aies pensé à moi.
    Ton blog est une petite lumière ! Je souhaite que tu gardes cette ferveur toujours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy blog birthday!! So great to finally see a picture of you. Your blog is truly an inspiration. Thankyou so much for sharing your discerning eye with us all :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Salut Deborah! I adore your blog and I rarely post any comments, maybe because I am too shy, but on this occasion I would like to thank you for the daily inspiration, your posts keep me going. Je reve qu'un de ces jours je lancerai mon propre business et ton blog me pousse a s'y mettre :)
    Merci et bisoux

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh congratulations on your FIRST YEAR in blogging and didn't you just take blogtopia by storm! Well done Deb. Thanks for all your inspiration and now I'll admit to really enjoying seeing that photo of you on your blog. I have never been able to actually imagine you properly - although light haired (notice I didn't say BLOND!) came to mind. Here's to reading you for years to come
    A
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful to know these things about you! You are not only talented but so lovely, you are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved this!
    It was an excellent and interesting read with some wonderful links AND you look absolutely nothing close to 44!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey, happy first birthday! you have sent me on so many inspiring meanders through the blog world, its been brill! v x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Un an seulement et déjà si grand(e) ! Merci pour toutes ces découvertes, et bravo pour le grand écart, j'ai perdu le mien, mais il n'est pas loin !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry Deborah - you look about 29 in that pic and nothing like Dot! It is lovely seeing who we correspond with... I thank you for your tag and will attempt to honour it before my summer hols!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jay, Picnik does wonders for wrinkles...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Is that your gran... so glamorous just like yourself, lovely seven, worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Quelle belle présentation, tout en poésie, et merci de te livrer comme ça...maintenant je sais ce que Kickcan & Conkers veut dire....
    et joyeux anniversaire à ton incontournable blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have read everything, despite my tired eyes and bad English. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Svetlana, lovely to see you here!
    Miluccia - une explication s'imposait! personne savait ce que ça voulait dire Kickcan & Conkers!
    Hazel :):) see you 'in the flesh' soon!
    Papillon était gymnaste aussi? :)
    Virginia - love your blog and would love to meet you one day!
    Yoli - thank you - I have much to thank Picnik for the photo :)
    Ange :)
    Mirna - lance-toi - la vie est courte!!!
    maddie - you see I'm no alien :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This was great to read - I really enjoyed meeting you properly!

    I might join in...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Flora, do join in - it would be lovely to "see" you :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous photo, gorgeous blog & gorgeous gal.
    7 things it will be!, soonish.

    ReplyDelete
  21. How wonderful to read your 7 things Deb! They are just fabulous :) How did I miss this? Thank you so much for emailing. We have so many things in common... Lovely to know a bit more about you. Kx

    p.s. I LOVE Dot Cotton!!! (but you really don't look a thing like her!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!