Thursday 20 January 2011

Now and Then #2



















Ericailcane's book Potente di Fuoco made me smile last night. My three children are budding artists (or architects) and doodling, drawing and designing are part of our daily life (one of the most appreciable aspects of coming home for lunch between 12-2!). Dylan was particularly prolific when he was young, and like many a mum, I have kept a lot (boxes!) of his artwork.
Leonardo's parents obviously did the same thing, saving and storing until the day they decided to give him back  his first drawings and the idea for his book was born.





















Potente di Fuoco is a collection of real and imaginary animals drawn in 1985 and 2009. The same creatures, the same artist, as a boy and a man. You can flick through it here.
It's an interesting idea, and one that you might like to keep in mind for your own kids, I know we certainly have enough material!

Via
See also

10 comments:

  1. Thank you Deborah for sharing! This is very cool idea. I collect my childrens drawings also. There are many interesting invention ideas as well. And their works are very inspiring! I look forward to seeing if they have something to appear...

    Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a very similar idea myself a while back but using my son's drawings alongside my own version. I had forgotten about it until now. Like you I have boxes and boxes of drawings too. This book looks fantastic. I think it is hard to beat the quality of a young child's art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this :') that book is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ordered this book for me and my kids - I can say, it is really great! A real piece of art. Many, many great pictures. Daughter Maya liked it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is WONDERFUL. I want to order it right away! And maybe go through my old kid's art :) Thanks SO much for sharing such a cool artist!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this book looks fantastic! thx!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, I love this idea and book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a great looking book! I bet he enjoyed doing it. I've yet to see my son produce anything but a half reluctant scribble, I'm patiently waiting/hoping!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the drawings and idea, It would be great to see some more work from artists when they were young.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!