Wednesday 13 April 2011

Inspiration: Kids Room ZOOM!

Simple

Susan Kae Grant, Night Journey

Magical


Fun

Discovery after discovery
Day after day

Kids Room Zoom has rapidly become one of my favourite kids' design blogs.
I think it's one of the best.
Thanks to Paola Noé, founder of Unduetrestella, and Thomas Maitz, from Perludi,  I have discovered so many new artists, designers, makers and creative people working to make children happy. A continuous stream of interesting books, art, furniture, objects and decor ideas, peppered with short kiddie interviews with interesting people from the children's design world (thanks again for including me Paola!).




But that's not all. The Kids Room Zoom team aim to push contemporary design for children to the fore and have found the perfect venue to do so -   a 200m2 elegant appartment in the centre of Milan, during Fuori Salone. From the 12th to 19th of April, Kids Room Zoom will be offering a snapshot of modern kids design - furniture, art, objects - through their beautifully curated collection, in what looks to be a beautiful living/show space.



In addition to staging this special kids' design home, Paola and Thomas have organised some great workshops for children (details here), including "Threelloon" with Livia Rossi. This balloon for three looks fun!


Needless to say, I am very disappointed that I couldn't make it to Milan. I would have loved to have met Paola and Thomas in person. There's plenty to look at on the Kids Room Zoom blog though, if you are interested in kids' design and discovering new artists, illustrators and makers working with children. I like to be surprised and Kids Room Zoom is a treasure box. 
I hope it's here to stay.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing so much beauty. I love the mask and that image called "Night Journey."

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!