Friday 25 March 2011

The Street Where I Live

I love little houses,they're always popping up on Kickcan & Conkers.
If you follow me on Twitter you will remember me tweeting about this wonderful group of ladies who spent twenty three years knitting a replica of their village in Kent. Twenty three years to knit over sixty properties complete with hedges, wheely bins, cars and village cricket green. I am more than impressed, brilliant I say! Thank You Grace and Judy for the link.


In another part of the world Chloé Fleury has crafted her favourite neighbourhoods in San Francisco out of paper. On show recently at The Curiosity Shoppe, Chloé's colourful poster installation looks uplifting and fun. Any of her streets would look great in a kid's room so why not rummage around for some old small cardboard boxes  and have a go at making something similar with your own children? The street where I live - a super craft project for your kids this Summer!

7 comments:

  1. These are all precious. Those ladies are too cute with their neighborhood. LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Great post.....clever ladies! I like this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Deb, the knitted village is truly special. I love how those ladies were so determined and commited for 23 years, and their attention to detail is extraordinary .xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am absolutely crazy with the old ladies knitted houses. Wow, this is an amazing project. Happy weekend for you. R

    ReplyDelete
  5. J'adore les maisons et celles au tricot sont extraordinaires!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. les cottages sont geniales :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!