Sunday 4 March 2012

High Five #8







And now for something completely different...

The 3 Ps: plants, paper-making and printing.

I think some of you may enjoy browsing Liz Lake's portfolio and blog. I came across this mandala-type paper and herb installation that she made after a one-month art residency on pinterest I think. Liz experimented with plants and recycled materials that she found at Cuckoo Farm Studios to make the paper and then ran workshops to share her paper-print-making techniques in exchange for herbs.

Miles has been learning about mandalas at primary school and I thought this was an interesting idea for an environmental art school project.

Have a look at Liz's handmade books and workshops/installations, her papercut slides for White Night are beautiful!




4 comments:

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!