Monday 5 November 2012

Inspiration: Les Dompteurs de Papier










Bonjour ! Bonjour !

It's Colour My Monday again, and this week I'd like to introduce you to the beautiful, magical work of two very talented French artists Mathild Gros and Clothilde Staes, a.k.a. Les Dompteurs de Papier.

It's almost impossible to pick a favourite amongst their etchings, 'tis sheer visual poetry, and I am a dreamer who loves to wander through their world.

I hope you'll find the time to browse both portfolios and perhaps be tempted to buy a print or two. Their work is available through their sites, and a small selection is also online at La Maison est en Carton, another very special address of mine.


images (from top)
1, 3, 4, 8 - Mathild Gros
2, 5,6,7 - Clothilde Staes

6 comments:

  1. just love the texture of etchings
    and these are seriously cute
    hope all is happy and hearty chez vous
    x ... ***

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oui! je savais que tu allais aimer! Si tu as l'occasion de les rencontrer, ce sont des filles vraiment chouettes en plus d'être talentueuses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pauline, j'adore. Tu m'en as parlé je crois? Je les ai re-découvert en visitant la maison est en carton, qui vend les gravures aussi.
      C'est tellement beau, vraiment tout ce que j'aime.merci!x

      Delete
  3. What wonderful use of line and colour, I love it! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!