Thursday 11 February 2010

Stopping Off Place


PLAYSACK designed by Fredun Shapur for Trendon (Made In England by Trendon LTD.Malton.Yorkshire) 1969
Design Council Slide Collection

It's been a while since I blogged about vintage books so I thought I'd show you some of the wonderful illustrations I've seen recently at Stopping Off Place, a new Canadian address*that I love and found thanks to Will. Another gem to add to your daily reads!

From Power of Thought: The Prints of Jessie Oonark, Marsh Art Gallery, University of Richmond, VA, 2001.
Jessie Oonark (Baker Lake, Nunavut) 1906-1985



Round and Round and Square by Fredun Shapur, Abelard-Schuman, 1965 (reprinted 1968)



A child's Hebrew Alphabet book illustrated by Ita Meshi, Sabra Books
(1970, reprinted 1985)

Bookmark and enjoy!

* Just found out via Daddy Types that "Stopping Off Place" is the work of Canadian artist Michael Dumontier

2 comments:

  1. PLAYSACK : this is a great concept ! So nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice alphabet book, love the children books from the 70's!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!