Friday 3 July 2009

Jennifer Collier





I'm sure most of you are familiar with Jennifer Collier's work, it's so incredibly beautiful. I first saw her garments and accessories at the 2007 Country Living Fair in London where she won the best new product award. Her stand was gorgeous and really stood out from the crowd. Jennifer aims to encourage people to speculate on the nature of value. By weaving, waxing, stitching and embedding natural and found materials (stamps, teabags, fruit, vintage books, maps) into her works, all forms of clothing, Jennifer explores ideas about recycling and the fragility of the human body. Quite simply stunning!

4 comments:

  1. I love Jennifer Collier's work! I first saw her paper shoes in a magazine a couple of years ago now - she really is one talented gal. Fabulous post! Thanks for sharing this :) K

    ReplyDelete
  2. the dress made of children's book pages is so cute...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I love that one too - have you seen Arthur's Circus's bunting made from vintage children's books?

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes I have, very vivid and colorful... have not convinced myself to used children's books pages yet... I treasure them too much...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!