Thursday 12 May 2011

Tip Top Afrika



I'm wearing bright pink trousers today. For once, I decided to move out of my dark-and-sober-linen comfort zone and forgo the terribly serious all-black look. Yes, I've added a bit of colour to my life, and guess what, I feel different, younger even, and I'm sure I had an extra spring in my step walking the kids to school this morning. Fitting then, that I should stumble upon Tip Top Africa.




 A mother of three, toy designer, photo stylist and graphic designer, Anuschka Seiffert also manages to find time to run a small part-time business selling children's clothes and accessories inspired by African wax prints. Tip Top Afrika offers two collections at present, Verger Winter, sold exclusively at Verger in Milan, and Kindergarten, a small range of fun and colourful bibs, smocks, PJs and aprons available via Dawanda



Most probably influenced my sister's recent trip to Uganda, I am drawn to these beautiful traditional wax prints and playful use of colour. Anuschka worked in a circus for a year when she was younger, I think it shows, don't you?

8 comments:

  1. Yeah! African fabrics are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, reminds me of the first season of the brand babylady inc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, the circus influence does show! I think that is what I'm drawn to. I would like the dress & pants for myself. Enjoy wearing your bright pink trousers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. such beautiful prints and patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh blogger, please give me back my comments...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a refreshing collection! Makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!