Thursday 10 June 2010

Shop Watch: Suvi Ainoa


Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful - William Morris

A few weeks ago I received this gorgeous tea towel from my blogging pal Yanyan. I love it so much, and have decided to hang it on a wall rather than use it in the kitchen. Heppa is one of two equally beautiful tea towels designed by Finnish artist / illustrator Hanna Kanola for Yanyan's new lifestyle brand Suvi Ainoa.


So what exactly is Suvi Ainoa?
Suvi is a Finnish girl's name, also meaning Summer, and Ainoa, another Finnish word, translates as the only one.
Suvi Ainoa is a new label commited to being both stylish and sustainable.

It's

Useful
Minimal
&
Beautiful
Handmade
Organic
Natural
Smart
Stylish
&
Unisex






Simple
Unusual
Recycled
&
Limited Edition



And
It's only just the beginning!

Yanyan I'm so pleased for you!

Suvi Ainoa

Definitely one to watch!!!

7 comments:

  1. Thank you Deborah! I am really touched...Glad you like the label and do dry your dishes with little Heppa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Là j'adore, les petits bouquins !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that a book the last picture? Looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful and I am trying to whittle down to the wisdom of William Morris.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great post!!! And she really deserves it. Her shop is a pure wonder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! Lovely website you have.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think, two times I tried to order one of the French clothing stores such as these. But no one ever responded:(. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!