Monday 21 June 2010

Souvenir, Souvenir

A few of you may remember me writing about this giraffe art in May. Indu works at the Mumbai Mobile Creches Centre, making art and objects from very little (children's books made from cotton silk tree seedpods - beautiful!). One of her latest projects is souvenir art, combining memories with memorabilia. Toll tickets to Gokul were her inspiration for this dancing couple. She's also come up with a lovely bus.
I thought this was a nice idea for the Summer holidays. Indu will gladly create a collage for you if you drop her line, or why not collect tickets, photos, timetables, shells, dried flowers, etc and let your children make one of their own. I'm sure Indu and her little art students would love to see your photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!