Saturday 22 May 2010

One Million Giraffes

Pottu/Bindhi Giraffe on Newspaper - The Conversation Compiler

One million giraffes in a year? Can it be done? Norwegian web developer Ola Helland thinks so, in fact he's bet his friend Jorgen that by the end of 2010 he will have collected one million handdrawn / handmade giraffes from around the world, all thanks to the internet.
So far, he's received 826,519!

Just look at these lovely ones sent in by some of the children at the Mumbai Mobile Creche Centre. I love the fact that they were painted on different regional newspapers to celebrate the pluralism of India.







More pics here

Here are the rules
Let's get busy, have some fun and spread the word!


via Conversation Compiler

7 comments:

  1. I love these guys so much. Also love the whole idea of collecting 1 million giraffes i think it's just wonderful xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much for featuring us! Big giraffe hug from India! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT a wonderful idea!
    Off to check it out...thanks for sharing.
    Char

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous idea - I love it :) Kx

    ReplyDelete
  5. que original, me encanta!!!
    saludos desde España

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to do this with all my students this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great idea! and lovely drawings.
    thanks for the links.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!