Thursday 13 May 2010

Sleeping Forest







I LOVE Lauren Soloy's new bathers inspired by old photographs and driftwood. So beautiful! Her new work is currently showing at the Moorings Gallery in Nova Scotia, and she hopes to make some similar pieces for her etsy shop in the not too distant future.

Lauren and Jai Soloy make gorgeous, mostly wooden, objects for the home. I particularly like their handmade toys (you may remember their colourful spinning tops in my "I like" sidebar a while ago)


and quirky, one-off Whirligig's. What fun!



11 comments:

  1. the new bathers are wonderful! there's a sense of nostlgia there that I'm really drawn to..... lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool deb, thanks for the link .... the spinning pictures are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, very cool. Love that they are from old photos & drift wood... love the spinning ones as well. Great link. Darling baby too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bathers are fun I love the one with just their heads peeping out, wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love them! This is a super ace find Deb! Thanks for the links too :) Kx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for the beautiful feature Deborah! That's twice now that you've made my day :) Plus, it's inspiring me to want to get back into the shop even more. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely people from the sleeping forest ! AWESOME !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome :) Really cool find!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!