Thursday 3 December 2009

The Earth is Round!

Sit down for five minutes and watch this beautifully made short film animation* from Büro Achter April motion and design studio in Germany. I'll be showing it to my family tonight.

The medieval belief that the Earth was a flat slab floating on the Seven Seas is a modern myth. Already in that era, people were aware that the Earth was round. Only the Universe was conceived as a two-dimensional hierarchy, with God residing above in the Heavens and the Devil below in the depths of the Earth. World maps of the period confirm this perspective.

Director Michael Fragstein
Animation Michael Fragstein, Stephan Beyer
Executive Producer Turan Tehrani

* Found via Amy at AquaVelvet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!