Tuesday 29 March 2011

First Steps #3



She once described me as an alien from a distant planet and I in turn would like to call her 'Mother Courage'. As many of you will know, Maddie is the author of Lil'Magoolie, south of the equator and at the centre of anything colourful and creative for mums and kids. She's a ray of sunshine in the blogosphere, always smiling,  bubbly, forever innovative and fresh. She's also a very strong and determined young lady.

Maddie and her family live in Christchurch, New Zealand. Her city lies in ruins after the recent earthquake but like many fellow Christchurchians, she refuses to just sit down and cry,  no matter how traumatising the experience. 

Maddie's Lil'Quake Appeal to raise money for Red Cross NZ ends  at 7pm NZST on March 30th. Give her a surprise when she wakes up tomorrow, there's still time to up the bids on some of the cool stuff she's managed to collect to help mend her broken city.
There's work to be done, and Maddie has plans, but that's another story.

'Mother Courage' - I take my hat off to you!


3 comments:

  1. Great photographs! I love your blog; I visit it every day. I was wondering, do you know of any good catalogs that you can order in the mail?

    Thanks so much,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Deb. Thankyou so much! I am overwhelmed and honoured by your words. I truly appreciate all of your support and thank you from the bottom of my heart. Maddie x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!