Monday 11 January 2010

How do you feel today?

Good Morning! Hope you all had an enjoyable weekend and are ready to attack the week!

I'd like to start today with this beautiful film, "Treeless Mountain", directed by Kim So-Yong.


Have any of you seen it? I watched a trailer yesterday and can't stop thinking about it.



"Treeless Mountain" is the story of two sisters, Jin, 7, and Bin, 4, who are left in the care of an alcoholic aunt when their mother leaves to look for their missing father. She gives them a plastic red piggybank and tells them that she will return when the bank is full. They adapt to their new environment, save, sell fried grasshoppers, save and wait. It is a simple story of hope and resilience filmed from a child's perspective. The longer trailer I watched almost brought a tear to my eye...

On a more cheerful note, I've been spending quite a bit of time over at my favourite Russian site (view with Google translate). If you enjoyed my "happiness" post based on this wonderfully creative family, bookmark their blog and visit it regularly. The whole family has been busy crafting and making videos. Every post is a gem and I guarantee that it will bring a smile to your face, make you appreciate the simple things in life and INSPIRE!

4 comments:

  1. ce site russe est une merveille! merci encore pour toutes ces découvertes que tu patages si généreusement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the Russian site is just lovely, really cheered me up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are making me cry by just describing the movie, Treeless Mountain. I don't think I can handle such a movie - which will undoubtedly make me a wreck for a week! Yet it sounds too compelling to pass up! Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
    And the Russian site - It really is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, this site is incredible!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!