Sunday 17 January 2010

Vintage Fairy Tales


“Love me or leave me
Or let me be lonely
You won’t believe me, I love you only
I’d rather be lonely
Then happy with somebody else”
( Walter Donaldson / Gus Kahn )

Come and take a peek into the whimsical world of
Vintage Fairy Tales


I'd love to meet Rebecka Ryberg Skött, a mixed message photographer living in Malmo. I'm sure we'd have lots to talk about... For a start, she's Swedish (land of my dreams, or one of them, at least) and she loves collecting vintage things. She currently has a passion for old toys and dolls which she photographs.



Rebecka seems to have a great sense of humour and often associates her images with a song.

Please Come Back Baby

"Yes, my baby left me,
Never said a word.
Was it something I done,

Something that she heard?

Now that I stand at my window,

Wring my hands and moan.

All I know is that
The one I love is gone."
( Elvis Presley, Arthur Crudup )


She also has a wonderful eye for colour
and
She just happens to be a big fan of Julie Arkell and is very inspired by her work


Reason enough to visit her photo gallery, don't you think?

I think that Rebecka's work would look stunning in a nursery, child's bedroom or play space. Her photographs are printed on fully archival acid and lignin free paper, with pigmented ink. They are limited edition, signed and numbered. She doesn't have a shop but you can contact her by email if you're interested in any of her pieces or want to know more. Enjoy!

11 comments:

  1. just amazing!!!! i'm gonna check her site, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, The hands holding the three little dolls speak a thousand words. Thanks for another beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love old dolls, I collect, but they are hard to find. And when I find they are so expensive.


    Love
    Katarina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! The first picture, with the monkey who's pants are a little worn is great. All of it is wonderful - the vintage, the fairy tales. Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, wonderful, I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ces photos sont magnifiquement délicieuses...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy smokes...I am SO there.
    Can't wait to see more of this artist.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a magnificent find Deb! How wonderful... so much whimsy and so many stories spinning out of these compositions. Thanks for this :) Kylie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. great images, I keep coming back to them.
    You are a Link Meister & I thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!