Tuesday 26 January 2010

A Vida Portuguésa


Do you like this tin donkey? I do. I spotted it on Rosa Pomar's wonderful blog before Christmas and curious to know more, followed the link to A Vida Portugésa, a marvellous online shop selling traditional Portuguese products used by young and old alike. The A Vida Portugésa team have scoured the land to find classic objects "with a soul", and have put together a charming collection of stationery, books, toys, embroidery, homeware and condiments/delicatessen food. Here are some of my favourites (you may wish to hide your credit card before I begin...)

Serrote notebook exclusive to A Vida Portuguésa (want one!)





Traditional Minhoto Valentine embroidery
(this would look beautiful framed)

Lost desktop - collection of Portugese paper ephemera (50-80s)


1992 edition of Portuguese architect, graphic illustrator and ceramist Raul Lino's (1879-1974) 1933 classic book Portuguese Houses.


Happy Browsing!

17 comments:

  1. il like donkeys! super nice, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they do have cool things. thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun! You have such a great eye for playful and cheery things! Thanks so much for this great link. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very familiar;) Vida Portuguesa has two wonderful shops, one in Lisboa and other in Porto, you have to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merci pour cette promenade portugaise !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of this - all of it. The Valentine embroidery is wonderful - all so vintage and so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I these are all just so beautiful and lovely. I love so many. I think I better not go anywhere near that sight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Valentine embroidery is amazing, thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great website, thanks for sharing! The packaging on some of those products are gorgeous, especially the soaps and toiletries.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tiens,tiens, ils sont passés par "agence eureka" j'ai reconnu quelques images
    ;-)patricia

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore the embroidery. Thanks for introducing me to the olivelse blog too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Best portuguese antique products, I have many of them! " Vida Portuguesa" is a beautiful shop!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!