Tuesday 12 January 2010

Ryoko Ishii

Let's push the door
and go and explore the wonderful, imaginative world of
Ryoko Ishii

I think she's a magician

She paints people and places like no other


As for her handmade dolls, well, take a look for yourself





Japanese illustrator /soft doll maker Ryoko Ishii has stolen my heart with her one-of-a-kind art work.
I 've never seen anything quite like it.
It's fun, fresh, colourful and creative.
I hope you'll enjoy her gallery as much as I did.

A big thank you to Ryoko for allowing me to show you her work!

14 comments:

  1. I did a post on Ryoko in 2006, so its fun to see her work again! I love her new illustrations! Thanks for posting about her once more!
    Hugs
    Ulla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work! i like to come here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful! Happy to discover your blog!Yanyan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, Ryoko's dolls are fun– very special. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for opening that door! a contemporary Chagall, heavenly work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. both the illustrations and dolls are wonderful, and I like her sketches on her site too. Thank you Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is really beautiful. I discovered your blog a few weeks ago and I love everything you post in it. Congratulations and thanks for your work!!
    Suzz.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elle fait un travail intéressant dans l'esprit de Paul Klee .Connais-tu le site
    http://vintagechildrensbooksmykidloves

    ReplyDelete
  9. such exquisite work - they are beautiful! thanks for posting about Ryoko, Deb - another great artist to check out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. always something beautiful and inspiring to enjoy here... thank you for your wonderful eye!

    ReplyDelete
  11. divine! what a wonderful world!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!