Thursday 8 October 2009

For the love of bears


Are bears the new animal trend I wonder? Nicole Licht's Grizzly has stole my heart, I mean, just look at it, what beautiful work! You'll be hearing about this Brooklyn-based artist a lot so if you've never paid a visit to her site, now the times to do so. Working under the name astulabee Nicole makes unique, limited edition and one-of-a-kind fabric soft sculptures for play, decoration or as an heirloom. Very special indeed.

Another artist who likes bears, be they brown or white, is Julia Pott, a freelance illustrator and animator living in London. My bear art wish-list was ridiculously long after spending only a few minutes perusing her etsy store, choc-full of delightful animal illustrations such as these


Hello I Love You print

Knitted Bear print


You Made Me a Mixtape pillow



I am in Love with You from a Distance print


32-page colour magazine


Bake Me tea towel

You can visit Julia's blog here, then have a five minute break while you watch her wonderful animation "My First Crush", discovered via the animalarium. Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. I never considered myself much of a bear-person (;)), but from the moment I saw Julia Pott's bears I knew I loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing! i love them too. and i totally knew i was a bear person. we're always going on about bears in this house for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. J'aime ta sélection de nounours - elle est très belle !

    ReplyDelete
  4. How amazing is that "You Made Me a Mixtape" pillow? Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your comment in my blog.
    ( now you can go back and read the answer :)
    AND what a nice and inspiring blog I found here !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Le 1er ours est incroyablement sublime !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!