Thursday 1 October 2009

Rebecca Ellen









Every once in a while an artist comes along and takes my breath away - Rebecca Ellen is one such person. I've only just discovered Rebecca's work through Tent London and I'm blown over by her sense of colour, space and texture. This Welsh artist draws her inspiration from everyday life, all over Britain, and magically transforms the norm into the spectacular, creating extraordinary printed and embroidered artwork and wallpaper from the ordinary objects that surround us. Striking detail, beautiful stories in stitches. Love it!

7 comments:

  1. hola deborah!!!! ...l really enjoy your blog...l always find something that moves me!!!!! everything is so interesting and full of art and talent!!! with your blog you are opening lots of doors in our imagination !!!! thanks ,thanks,thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! un beso enorme!!!! (means an enormous kiss)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful work! I love the deck chairs outside the caravan, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca's work is truly remarkable! Love her open spaces (especially in the last 3 pieces), line work, stitchery, colours and texture... exquisite! Thanks Deb for introducing me to her work! :~)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely! Love embroidered tales :) K

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful work..!!!!! Cecilia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!