Wednesday 18 November 2009

Every picture tells a story #2

Antique handtinted photo postcard
Children with their toys under the Christmas tree
Early 1900

Vintage French Christmas postcard
Girl, tree and bear
circa 1915

Antique handtinted photo postcard
Early 1900

Hard to believe it's nearly Christmas! We've had glorious, unexpected sunshine today. No school for the kids because it's Wednesday, their day-off, but art classes, playing in the garden and picking the first pomegranates instead. Hope you've enjoyed your day!

4 comments:

  1. j'adore ces vieilles images... les couleurs, ces fillettes et leurs jolies tenues! j'en ai trouvé quelques unes sur etsy il y a peu... c'est très joli dans une chambre d'enfant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those cards with those pretty pink chubby faces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I shall think of you as I pluck the last of those deep 'grenade' red grains from the pomegranates in my photos of yesterday's post. Gee I do love them. They always remind me of Oscar Wilde...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has just come around far too quickly, hasn't it? My girls are on summer holidays in a week! No school for two whole months soon... I love it :) K

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!