Tuesday 24 November 2009

Wood and Wool Stool

It all started with a recycled wooden stool and a crocheted cover. She made one, then two, then three and four. More and more orders, more and more ideas. Wood & Wool Stool was born.

Ingrid Jansen loves wood, wool, crochet and colour. You've most probably already seen her beautiful work on Flickr and on design blogs, but you can't get too much of a good thing, right? I mean, how can I resist posting her little Christmas trees made from recycled wood or her stunning granny square blankets?



Once again, I think what appeals to me most is the simply brilliant combination of old and new, the rawness of reclaimed wood and the zest and zing of crochet, the perfect balance between retro and contemporary, always styled so perfectly.

You with me? OK, let's go and have a look at some more.

Ingrid's talent for photography and her eye for detail soon become apparent when you browse her Flickr sets. She clearly loves what she's doing and her work stands out from the crowd.


If you're interested in finding out more about Ingrid's work, take a look at her blog, and her website, bursting with colour and creativity. Just what the doctor ordered for the cold Winter months, I'm sure you'll be inspired!

14 comments:

  1. She's great, isn't she? Very inspiring. I'm planning a crochet summer :) K

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo...cosy, zingy, woolly, scandi...ticking soooo many boxes for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very very beautiful!!!! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hola !!!!always posting beautyssss!!!!! l know her...l thing her work in crochet and woods are the most joyfull l have seen in the web!!l love everything!!!!!!!besossssss enormes!!!can l put your blog in my blog as inspiring blogs??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love crochet!...that is pure beauty and inspiration!

    big Hugs
    Yasmin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, what a colorful inspiration..I adore her work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hej Deborah! Thank you for posting my photos and products on your impressive blog ;-)

    Salut!
    Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow these are absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. trop canons, ces tabourets... j'en mettrais bien un, ou 2, voire plus sous mon sapin!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Deb
    I have one of ingrids trees saved her stuff is fab.x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!