Monday 9 November 2009

Knit-one-purl-one, cuckoo! cuckoo!


You may have already seen Andrea Williamson's textile clocks but I love this photo with all four models together. Based on the Shetland island of Whalsay, Anthea makes beautiful handknitted accessories and interior pieces. She loves pattern and colour and is inspired by traditional European designs which she reinterprets into her own contemporary, quirky style.



I featured her gorgeous Shetland ponies in an earlier post, if you recall. These softies would look lovely hanging in any nursery, child's bedroom or space in need of a bit of warmth and colour.


I also like her Fair Isle folk pramset made from lambswool, including booties, hat and blanket.

If you are interested in ordering any of Andrea's special handknitted pieces send her an email here. Her textile clocks can also be bought via this website.

9 comments:

  1. I love cuckoo clocks made out of different things. I wish more people made them, Really love Anne-Claire Petit's too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to go to bed now. Stop tempting me with these lovelies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo you've got me caught up in winter-envy here, Deb! :) K

    ReplyDelete
  4. More textile loveliness! Those baby blankets are very sweet - an item to be treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Andrea's work and these clocks are a dream

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have seen those clocks...I think in the Antropologie catalog. The knitted textiles are just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love his work and his colors are good also

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, the clocks are the best! I have a thing for coo-coo clocks even though I don't own one I'm fascinated by them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow amazing. Love the fabrics and folcloristic patterns

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!